Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Reasons

Today as I walked YellowDog around the bird refuge, I felt thankful.

I am thankful that my body is whole, that I have not injured my back over the last two years I spent working the ladder truck.

I am thankful to be returning to the Engine.

I am thankful for Rover, for the love he bestowes on me.

I am thankful for Mom, that she is alive and that we are so close. She is a good friend.

I am thankful for my time off. I have so much of it. I am lucky.

I am thankful for my friends. I have only a few of them, but they are wonderful women.

I am thankful for RacerEx. He was the love of my life, and I am lucky to have experienced that, even if we are no longer together in that way. Some people never experience it. Trite but true: It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

That's all.

1 comment:

Oklahoma Girl said...

Beautiful...just beautiful!!! You are one very blessed lady.

Blessed be...