Monday, January 15, 2007

From One Day to the Next

Well, I'm out of my emotionless phase. I think.

Conversations with Rover have been a bit strained, as I've been moody. He was saying that it didn't seem as if I wanted to hang out with him, to be around him. That's not exactly true. I've just been feeling isolated and moody and out of sorts, and I just have felt withdrawn into my pain (back) and somewhat flat. I'm sorry to make him feel as if I don't enjoy his company. That's not it at all; I'm just not feeling well and need some space to get back on track.

Back is better today. At least the pain is localized and feels more like muscle soreness than like someone's sticking a hot poker in my sacrum.

Flu's over too. Thank god. I hate stomach flus.

Anyhow, I've been cooking up a storm lately (at least it's a storm for me). I made the most delicious Chicken and Dumplings at work the other day. I'd never had them before and they were fan-frickin'-tastic. Home-made dumplings, too.

My room is a mess, with clothing strewn all over the floor as I'm trying to figure what to pack for Arizona. It's cold there right now, too. Not much warmer than it is here. Funny. It's been pretty darned cold here but I haven't really been wearing my big coat too often. I think it's because there's so little wind.

As RacerEx's grandma Merna used to say, "Any day's a good day that the wind isn't blowing."

How true.

No comments: