Sunday, March 4, 2007

Plumb Tuckered

I'm having a difficult time recovering from the two fires I went two over the last couple of shifts. I worked two in a row and had two fires in a row--not so common now-a-days. I was fine after the first one, even though I was working from before 6 a.m. until at least 11:30 a.m.; but the second one, which came in at 1:45 in the morning and kept us up and shoveling garbage until well after 4:00, knocked me out.

I had one day off in between and then went back to work yesterday. I slept most of my day off, had a nap at work yesterday and slept most of the night. However, while I awoke at the firehouse at 6:30 this morning feeling okay, by the time I got home I was dragging and just got up from a three-hour nap.

Still don't feel much better. And my hands are aching something fierce!

I need some good food or something. We're supposed to go out and have a drink tonite, but I don't think it's such a good idea. I'm just getting old I guess and don't recover like I used to. Who knows. I've been working a lot lately, perhaps that has something to do with it.

That's it for now. I have to get going.

No comments: